Cecil E. Birge, Jr. – Age 77, passed away Thursday, October 22, 2015, at St. Thomas Midtown Hospital. He was born on January 11, 1938, in Shelby County, Arkansas to the late Cecil and Nellie Turner Birge. Cecil retired from NES after many years of service. He is survived by his loving wife, Sandy Hamm Birge; daughters, Tammy Devon Birge, Melody (Brendan) McNulty, and Kaela Birge; grandchildren, Kohry Birge, Kourtney Miller, Haley McNulty, and Shannon McNulty; brother, Dwight (Dixie) Birge; sisters, Delores Billingsly and Janet Nugent; brother in law, Jimmy (Pat) Jackson; and his beloved dog, Chance. A Celebration of Life will be on Monday, October 26, 2015, at 1:00pm, at West Harpeth Funeral Home with Brother Bob Pearce and Brother Ned Nugent officiating. Interment will follow at Harpeth Hills Memory Gardens. Visitation with the family will be on Sunday from 1:00pm until 5:00pm, and on Monday from 11:00am until the service time at West Harpeth Funeral Home, 6962 Charlotte Pike; online guestbook www.westharpethFH.com (615) 352-9400.
Cecil E. Birge, Jr.
Born on January 11, 1938
Departed on October 22, 2015 and resided in Nashville, TN
- Visitation: West Harpeth Funeral Home and Crematory
- Sunday October 25, 2015 1:00pm to 5:00pm
- Monday October 26, 2015 11:00am to 1:00pm
- Celebration of Life: West Harpeth Funeral Home and Crematory
- Monday October 26, 2015 1:00pm to 2:00pm
- Interment: Harpeth Hills Memory Gardens
- Monday October 26, 2015 2:00pm to 2:30pm
Click on the links above for maps and directions. View current weather.